Sign-up to stay informed about news and updates.
Photon CMS v1.1.0 Released
Photon CMS got it’s first minor version upgrade. Yayz! The highlight is the addition of automatic version upgrade feature.
Running a `php artisan photon:update` CLI command from your project root folder will upgrade your Photon to the latest version. However, be aware that the automatic upgrade script will be able to help you upgrading to the latest Patch version which are guaranteed not to introduce breaking changes. Breaking changes can occur in Minor and Major version upgrades, and some manual work may be needed to sync your Photon CMS installation with the latest version. Don’t worry it will all be laid out in an upgrade guide.
To be able to implement automatic upgrades we’ve moved things around. The rule of the thumb is - if you wan’t to do automatic upgrades don’t touch anything inside of the /app/PhotonCms/Core and the /resources/assets/photonCms/core folders.
However, changing files inside the above mentioned folders should not be considered as a sin. Make sure to read about using Photon CMS as a Laravel project boilerplate in a separate blog post.
Among other changes, the notable addition to the Photon CMS frontend is the implementation of introduction tutorials. We’ve noticed that people don’t read documentation(!). I mean… really? Silly us, why did we ever believe the opposite?
Hopefully, the Microsoft-style tutorials will get the potential users up and running before they decide to run away. Or start reading the docs.
Here’s a complete changelog:
- Enabled users to define their own field types, jobs and module exporters within dependencies section and to use them together with core files
- Added unique flag within fields table, which enables creating unique fields within DB
- Add a tick-box to add new Module to Main Menu after generator create
- Implemented introduction tutorial within frontend
- Added photon:update artisan command
- Existing photon field types, jobs and module exporters moved to core section
- Existing photon notifications, configs, commands, routes, seeders and service providers moved to core section
- Existing photon middlewares moved to core section and dynamically loaded into kernel
- Default prefix for public API routes changed from api to public-api
- Enabled automatic login after registration if email confirmation is not required
- FCM tokens now stored in DB and backed up during sync process
- Fixed flag for adding index to DB issue
- Fixed user email confirmation issue
- Fixed issue with with special char escaping for json_encode / json_decode during sync process
- Fixed missing filters for module exporting
- Fixed validation and added unique attribute for email field within Users core module
- Non required modules from core seeders
- .gitattributes file